The Museum welcomes families of all shapes and sizes and our staff and volunteers are keen to make the history of army flying accessible and engaging to all ages. For example, you can work together to assemble a Lynx engine, dress up and sit inside helicopters, take a walk through our 1940s House, and enjoy a sound and light ‘Helicopters in Action’ show. Our annual pass makes it affordable for families to come back again and again and we offer free entry to children under the age of 5.
The Museum offers:
- free craft sessions every school holiday - check out what's coming up on our events page
- a range of trails (available to all ages)
- a free Museum Activity book - collect from reception on your arrival
- family events throughout the year
- ‘Noise Off’ days so that families with sound sensory issues can explore the displays in a quieter environment.
- a 'Pre-School Pilots' toddler group every month with bespoke pedal aeroplanes
- an inside soft play area for under 8s
- an outside aircraft themed playground
- dressing up stations
- colouring in
- family friendly interactive exhibits
- free parking
- children's menu / lunchboxes.
- free wi-fi available
- café staff are happy to discuss ingredients and allergy concerns
- outside seating and picnic tables
Information for Parents of Under 5s
- Museum walkways have been designed to be wide enough so that buggies can easily navigate around the exhibitions, with lift access to the upper floors
- we welcome breastfeeding in all areas and there are baby changing facilities provided in both male and female toilets
- those needing emergency sanitary products and nappies can also request these from our front desk
- free entry to under 5s
- many staff have received training in First Aid, Disability Awareness, Dementia and Autism and our Learning Officer is an Autism Ambassador
- we welcome both guide dogs and assistance dogs
- there are disabled parking places right next to the entrance
- Wheelchair accessible with a lift to access the upper floors
- there are accessible gender-neutral toilets in both hangars
- accompanying carers are allowed entry free of charge
You can read our Accessibility Statement HERE.