Welcome back to the Museum! We are so happy to hear the buzz of people exploring our collections and learning about Army aviation once again. However, being closed for an extended period has not been easy. Our finances have taken a huge hit over the last year, and every minute we remained closed has made it a little bit harder to recover.
We are an independent charity and whilst we benefit from MoD support, this only makes up a small percentage of our operating costs. We are dependent on ticket income, corporate hires, education visits and event income to maintain the heritage of Army aviation. Not being able to open, as we had hoped, in April cost the Museum £86k in lost income.
We are all set to go ahead with our brand new event ‘Wallop Wheels and Wings’ on 3 July, which will see 40 unique aircraft and 300 classic and super cars descend on Middle Wallop for a brilliant day out for all the family.
We have not stopped throughout this pandemic and we don’t plan to now. But we do need your help, and there are a number of ways you can support us through these difficult times. Perhaps you could:
- Adopt an Aircraft
- Buy a birthday present from our online shop
- Get involved in one of our community displays
- Buy your admission tickets now - we are offering discounted annual passes* for advance tickets
- Download our school holiday activities for some family fun
- Enjoy three free months on Museum Membership
Donating by text message is another easy way to support the Museum:
- To donate £1, text FLYHIGH to 70201
- To donate £3, text FLYHIGH to 70331
- To donate £5, text FLYHIGH to 70970
- To donate £10, text FLYHIGH to 70191
Alternatively, just click on the button below.